Skip to main content

Simple Christmas Trees

I always loved putting up a Christmas Tree. The glitz, the anticipation, taking the ornaments out of the boxes, reminiscing about each and every one of them.

But there are times when a tree may prove too big or too complicated an idea. I remember that before I moved countries, I wanted to keep the Christmas tree decorations as hassle-free as possible. So if you're getting ready to move, or your apartment is too small for a Christmas tree, or you're traveling for the holidays and can't justify decorating an empty house ... these 4 ideas are for you.

Small simple Christmas Tree decorations - europeanbeautiful.blogspot.com

From top, clockwise, we have inspiration from :

1. Live tree in a pot with polka dot hearts and stripped hearts found on Trendenser.
2. Wooden tree with white stars made by Ann Elin from Idyll and him.
3. Advent calendar in the shape of a tree from Home by Linn.
4. Twig Christmas tree with black stars and lanterns from Lekker Fris.

Popular posts from this blog

How to make paper snowflakes

Early in our relationship, my partner and I decided to get a Christmas ornament each year. We don't like buying the Christmas ornaments that you find in stores. It seems to me that all the collections available are cheaply made in China. The glitter is more in the box than on the baubles, Santa's eyes are drawn on his forehead and angels have dubious things hanging from their backs, that definitely don't look like wings. We like to buy from small businesses or independent vendors at craft shows or online, but we're also learning how to make Christmas ornaments from scratch. Making a paper snowflake was a simple and fun project done while we were watching TV. I remember doing this paper project when I was in kindergarten, so it really is easy. The most difficult part might be picking the right book to butcher, if you choose to use book pages instead of regular paper. I did, so I picked Jerry Seinfeld's Seinlanguage . Jerry wouldn't mind, and all

Wisdom on: being alive is a grand thing

I love collecting quotes. My own thoughts, when they come in the shape of quips of other people's wisdom, seem more fully formed. I'm hoping to renew my old habit of collecting quotes in a series called Wisdom on: in which I pair quotes that resonate with me with pictures that are inspired by the words. In keeping with the spirit of the blog, I'm trying to feature European crafters and artists. Here's my quote for this week:   "I like living. I have sometimes been wildly despairing, acutely miserable, tacked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." Agatha Christie - An Autobiography Nursery art by CassiaBeck Another Wisdom on: the unfounded fear of being childish .

Wisdom on: the unfounded fear of being childish

I love collecting quotes. My own thoughts, when they come in the shape of quips of other people's wisdom, seem more fully formed. When I was little, I used to fill notebooks with quotes and pictures that matched them. There was really nothing that I couldn't pair with a picture. For hours, I would sit at my desk and cut and paste (literally, using real scissors and glue) little bits of printed magic. I used magazines, newspapers, chocolate wrappers, packaging and pretty much anything with a cute picture printed on it. Everything that fitted beloved words. I would then get out my quote notebook and find one that matched the mood of the picture. Sometimes, it was the other way around, with the words of wisdom waiting patently at the bottom of a blank page for the colors, shapes and textures of a glossy piece of daydreaming.  When I first started this habit, I had never seen a computer. I didn't even know such things existed beyond computer labs. It was the mid-90s and the